On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Martin Grigorov <mcgreg...@e-card.bg> wrote:
> Hi Martijn,
>
> I have two problems with your filter:
> 1) The main problem is that our pages does not have XHTML doctype.
> The pages are XML well formed but this is not enough.
> I tried once to set this doctype and the browsers rendered them in a
> very funny (and broken) way. The HTML and probably CSS will need some
> work to make it XHTML complaint.

Probably you send out the document as mimetype application+xml which
causes the browsers to revert to strict mode. See [1] for more
information.

You could use html 4.01 transitional instead as the doctype, or xhtml
transitional.

Our application uses this:

<!DOCTYPE html
PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>

but sends out pages as: "Content-Type:text/html;charset=UTF-8"

As for #2: we use scope provided as well.

Martijn

[1] http://diveintohtml5.org/past.html#mime-types