The grandparent has a point: having a jobs forum/list might be helpful
as not many folks are eager to send their job postings to the user
list. Not having a jobs related list might hinder the publicity for
companies having and engineers seeking job opportunities.

The ASF has a jobs list, but it is not archived (probably don't want
spam on it, or have it be used as a billboard).

Currently the ham to this list regarding jobs is really low, so I
don't see a urgent need for creating a new list (which probably won't
be archived), though I might be persuaded to do so.

Martijn

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 8:54 PM, Cemal Bayramoglu
<jweekend_for...@cabouge.com> wrote:
> Have you checked the power cable is plugged in, Sir?
>
> I like to see this forum as much much more than just an improbably
> user-friendly, efficient and free 365*7*24 technical support service
> that you could not buy for love nor money anywhere else I've been.
>
> Some people do appreciate having a single place where they can find
> out about and stay on top of all things related to Wicket; ideas,
> products, tips, problems, solutions, requests, gripes, links to
> articles, controversial RFEs that want to pollute the core with 100%
> inessential paraphernalia, real world experiences, jobs, events,
> services, useful integrations ... the more (with at least a modicum of
> substance/interest for at least a few others here) the merrier.
>
> Regards - Cemal
> jWeekend
> OO & Java Technologies, Wicket
> Consulting, Development, Training
> http://jWeekend.com
>

> On 13 April 2010 13:35, Josh Kamau <joshnet2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> May be we need a forum for wicket jobs...
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Reinout van Schouwen
>> <rein...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> In a few months' time my current contract will end.
>>>
>>> I am looking for a job where I can use my current Wicket skills and
>>> perhaps learn some more. :) Preferably located somewhere in the
>>> Rotterdam / Randstad region. If you know of an organisation with
>>> opportunities for a Wicket developer, please let me know.
>>>
>>> More about me on: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/reinoutvanschouwen
>>>
>>> regards,
>>>
>>> --
>>> Reinout van Schouwen

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.4