If it's of any use, I put together a very, very simple 2D Quickstart for my
own edification.  I've deployed, exercised and un-deployed builds of
application using Wicket 1.4.8 and 1.4.9 to Weblogic 10.

In the former case I do not see, via YourKit, the Java2D Disposer thread
holding a reference to the WicketApplication in ThreadLocalMap
inheritableThreadLocals after the application has been undeployed, in the
latter I do not.  In the 1.4.8 test the only reference to WicketApplication
is to the Class, not an instance as I'm seeing in the 1.4.9 case.

Ed.