This is how I work too. It uses the "hot swap" feature of the JVM. It
works if you only change method bodies, but if you make changes to the
class structure (fields, method signatures, etc.) you have to restart
the VM. Apparently jRebel can reload even these kinds of changes.

I'm happy with hot swap, but then again my app only takes ~14 seconds to
restart.

jk