Hi,

I tried out the DateTextField together with the Datepicker component, but it
doesn't work as expected. I want it to use the format/pattern "yyyy-MM-dd",
and when the page is rendered it does show the date in that format, but the
moment I use the datepicker (even only clicking in the button do display the
datepicker calender) the date is changed to a "yy-MM-dd" pattern, and no
matter what I do it continues to use this pattern until I refresh the page.

I have tried both the wicket-datetime version and the wicket extensions
version of the DateTextField, with no difference in behaivor. I wanted to
try the wicket-datetime version of the DatePicker but apparently it doesn't
exist any more for wicket 1.4.

Things that I have tried:

---------
//              import
org.apache.wicket.datetime.markup.html.form.DateTextField;
//              import org.apache.wicket.extensions.yui.calendar.DatePicker;

                DateTextField dateTextField =
DateTextField.forDatePattern("dateTextField", new PropertyModel<Date>(this,
"exportDate"), "yyyy-MM-dd");
                dateTextField.add(new DatePicker());
                add(dateTextField);
---------

---------
//              import
org.apache.wicket.extensions.markup.html.form.DateTextField;
//              import org.apache.wicket.extensions.yui.calendar.DatePicker;
//
                 DateTextField dateTextField = new
DateTextField("dateTextField", new
PropertyModel<Date>(this, "exportDate"), "yyyy-MM-dd");
                 add(dateTextField);
                 dateTextField.add(new DatePicker());
---------

---------
//               import
org.apache.wicket.datetime.markup.html.form.DateTextField;
//               import org.apache.wicket.extensions.yui.calendar.DatePicker;
//
                DateTextField dateTextField = new
DateTextField("dateTextField", new
PropertyModel<Date>(
                    this, "exportDate"), new StyleDateConverter("S-", true))
        {
            @Override
            public Locale getLocale()
            {
                return new Locale("sv", "SE");
            }
        };
        add(dateTextField);
        dateTextField.add(new DatePicker());
---------

That last example is almost a copy paste of the example code from here:

http://wicketstuff.org/wicket/dates/

...with the difference that my locale is hard coded. The example on
wicketstuff works just fine when I select the same locale.

The html is simply a input field like this:

---------
<input type="text" wicket:id="dateTextField"/>
---------

Does anyone have any explanation to this strange behavior? What can I do to
get it to always use "yyyy-MM-dd2"? This is very hard for me to debug since
it is client side (ie javascript) behavior, not server side java behavior.

Regards
/Jimi