Hi Ernesto,

Just got the 1.4.9 source code and I see what you mean.
But why is it like this?
I copied the whole Image source code to a new class, removed this initModel method, and then things work fine if I don't supply a model.

Why would the Image component behave different from the other components? This isn't documented in the Javadoc so I didn't expect this, but even then, what is the need for making Image work differently than others like Label?

I can think of some usecases where it is fine to display in image that is derived from some property on a domain object that is accessed with a CompoundPropertyModel:

- when you have a Boolean (like here) or Enum-type property and you want to change the image depending on its value - when you have want to dynamically generate an image with some text (on top of a template image), the image is much like a label then

I can't disable this initModel behavior in a subclass, since you can't call super.super.initModel, so to disable this behavior, I have to copy the whole source of the Image class and remove this method.

That seems like "waste" and you're not benefiting from future improvements in the Image class then.

Cheers,
  Erwin Bolwidt