I understand by doing the way Jeremy Thomerson suggests (onSubmit or
onClick), Wicket will not create a new page instance upon request.
But, I am experiencing this "not so much expected scenario" that for
the same person, in the same browser session, click the browser's
Refresh Button, or F5, a new page instance is created.  Is the latter
behavior expected?

Thanks

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 8:28 AM, avrahamr <avrah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But a different page instance for each person or browser section is expected
> by any Java developer.
>
> What is not so much expected is that for the same person, in the same
> browser session, you can't rely on natural object identity, like Martin
> said, thanks to serialization... But you can rely on object values, so if
> you correctly implement hash and equals it should be fine.
>
> On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 10:48 PM, Martin Makundi [via Apache Wicket] <
> ml-node+2281423-751388596-293...@n4.nabble.com<ml-node%2b2281423-751388596-293...@n4.nabble.com>
>> wrote:
>
>> Also yes ;)
>>
>> 2010/7/7 James Carman <[hidden
>> email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=2281423&i=0>>:

>> > It's not just serialization.  A new page instance will be constructed
>> > for each person that hits it.

>> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden
>> > email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=2281423&i=3>

>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden
>> email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=2281423&i=5>

> []'s
> Avraham Rosenzweig
> avrah...@gmail.com