Yes, that's basically what I do with a "setResponsePanel(..)" call:
you have to call this everywhere in place of setResponsePage for
links, submits, etc.

Not really optimal if you are trying add this to an existing wicket app.

That's why I shared Per's interest in if there was a way to do this
"transparently" with setResponsePage, etc.

Thanks!