hi
IF
we're heavily reusing the edit components we do, and as such we wanted them to
behave as "good form citizen". On our way, we spotted the FormComponentPanel,
which seems to achieve our goal.

Yet, a question has popped up: how to deal with List edit ? Indeed, none of the
class extending AbstractRepeater is a form component. As such, there's no
getConvertedInput that could be used to compose the result when using a
repeater.

Currently, the approach we have taken is to wrap the list edit used
(listview/listEditor for example) in a FormComponentPanel and, on convertInput,
we first visit all children and call IFormModelUpdateListener.updateModel where
possible. And then we use the backing model of the list editor to compose our
result.

This doesn't seem 100% right and we already had some issue where some component
updateModel was called before convertInput was, resulting in a null
convertedInput being used.

In the distant future we plan to implement a list editor being a FormComponent
and requesting a FormComponent to populate each row. As such we could iterate
over each row formComponent and call getConvertedInput there.

is it appropriate ? Would you recommend some other approach ?

thanks in advance
++
joseph