From: jcgarciam [mailto:jcgarc...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2010 6:27 PM
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: Re: DropDownChoice/Model Confusion

Hi, instead of passing  "getMyRecords()" in the constructor wrap it
around
a LoadableDetachableModel and pass that model to the DDC. The difference
is
that your current list is fetch only once at construction of your pages
and
is considered static because its never get called again unless you
triggered
it by entering to a new page instance, while by using a LDM the
component
will ask for it every time it needs to re-render them.

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 6:52 PM, Shelli Orton [via Apache Wicket] <
ml-node+2955144-665570512-65...@n4.nabble.com<ml-node%2B2955144-66557051
2-65...@n4.nabble.com>

email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=2955144&i=0>
email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=2955144&i=1>

> ------------------------------
>  View message @

http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/DropDownChoice-Model-Confusio
n-tp2955144p2955144.html

ml-node+1842946-398011874-65...@n4.nabble.com<ml-node%2B1842946-39801187
4-65...@n4.nabble.com>
> To unsubscribe from Apache Wicket, click
here<http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/template/TplServlet.jtp?
tpl=unsubscribe_by_code&node=1842946&code=amNnYXJjaWFtQGdtYWlsLmNvbXwxOD
QyOTQ2fDEyNTYxMzc3ODY=>.

--
Sincerely,
JC (http://www.linkedin.com/in/jcgarciam)