Thank you for your reply.

I'm using Wicket 1.3.4.

The optimistic locking is enabled for sure (the program has been written by me)
and metadata and data confirm that things are actually functioning the way I
thought.

Because the Page contains a LoadableDetachableModel, every time I submit the
page, Wicket reloads the object overwriting the version attribute.
To workaround this behaviour I overridden the onBeforeRender method to save the
version as soon as I open the page or refresh part of it:

public class ExtraDataForm extends Form {

        protected void onBeforeRender() {
                setDataBaseVersion(getModelVersion());
                super.onBeforeRender();

In order to update the version when saving I had to "force" the version into
the extraDataNew object:

                add(new Button("btnSave") {
                        @Override
                        public void onSubmit() {
                                try {
                                        final ExtraDataNew extraDataNew =
(ExtraDataNew)extraDataModel.getObject();

extraDataNew.setVersion(getDataBaseVersion());

edManager.saveExtraDataNew((ExtraDataNew)extraDataModel.getObject());
                                        info("Extra data saved.");
                                } catch (Exception e) {
                                        log.error("Could not save: ",e);
                                        error(e.getMessage());
                });

That's why I need to test the Page using two different sessions.

Thanks
Daniele Cremonini