Yep, or least something comparable. You need to re-attach those
objects you're using to the session somehow, and often the easiest way
to do that is to just load them again if they were previously
detached. If you worry about the database being hit more than you
want, you are probably prematurely optimizing, and if you still worry,
you should fix this by through Hibernate's (or your own) second level
cache, not by keeping your model objects inflated between requests.

As a general rule, something we often repeat on this list, if you work
with Hibernate managed objects in Wicket models, use detachable models
(LDM is a common one) and make sure that these objects are 'deflated'
between requests, meaning that e.g. you only keep references to their
ids, or e.g. the algorithm to get the objects back again when needed.

Eelco