Hello, I am mounting my URLs so I can list product items like so:
http://www.mysite.com/item/id/0
http://www.mysite.com/item/id/1

and so on...then I user this id param to fetch the data from the database.

I am not accesing this page directly. I have another page where the
items are fully listed (the item's title, description, price, etc) and
when the user click on each item, they are redirected to this /item/id
page.

Is there a way to avoid exposing the item's id, but send it "behind
the scenes" to the next page, so I would have something like:
http://www.mysite.com/item/ITEM_TITLE
eg. http://www.mysite.com/item/Ford-Ranger-Model-2005

In other words, I'm still using the item's id to fetch it from the
database, but the URL shows an SEO friendly version.

Thanks.