Okay,
  So don't use a link on the html page for FirstPage. Try redirecting when
there is an html page with some filler, try adding a wicket label if plain
html doesn't work. Although it's not the best solution it will narrow down
the problem!

   The Wizard is useful in the sense, you can go back and forth for the user
and it is all in one page etc.... There is nothing "amazing" about the
wizard, just that it seems your trying to do the same thing, and it would
handle making each step and not allowing one to skip to the second page
because they bookmarked the url....

  No worries about the ranting, I do it all the time.

Matthew