Interesting the Ajax call decorator mentioned above sounds like a good
choice, I don't know the transactional steps for each solution, but to have
the javascript written entirely in the page without requiring some sort of
connection to the wicket server, does sound like it will be more immediate
if your worried about that 1 or 2 seconds of idle time however you want to
accomplish that.
http://radio.javaranch.com/pascarello/2005/05/17/1116340367337.html If you
need a script:
function DisableEnableForm(xForm,xHow){