True, perhaps using ".setMarkupId("someid");". I had no idea about that in
production mode, I guess I never checked, I am still somewhat surprised that
is true.

You could have an automatic listener that takes the "getMarkupId(...)" and
preppend, or append to the id, or do it by hand (not my favourite choice).

Perhaps, you can change the non-wicket ids? would that help? I am not sure
why there would be collisions, could you explain more? Perhaps there is a
more elegant solution, without using wicket....

Matthew