I am not aware of any logic in wicket-ajax.js which changes the url
passed from the server side.
See
org.apache.wicket.ajax.AjaxEventBehavior.generateCallbackScript(CharSequence)

I gave you the names of the JavaScript functions which trigger the
form submit. Use Chrome Developer Tools to debug the JavaScript and
see where the url gets broken.