Thanks for the reply, as I already mentioned I've tried running this in the
debugger in Chrome but it's not clear to me where the HOST part of the URL
is being generated all I see is the path.

The full URL that is getting posted to is:

http://mobile/MyPagescreen-two?x=1cBpJXjtIYZljhKs29abIqj8*YDCtKbjg*TV2waFYQRLE*9vNYy87LLwY1SctZ0Ck8iPyZttk0qfiInaa9kSd98b1moKXZbN-yjDEBXqdDnU4WkRPLW5AA&random=0.7044208080042154<http://mobile/webkitregscreen-two?x=1cBpJXjtIYZljhKs29abIqj8*YDCtKbjg*TV2waFYQRLE*9vNYy87LLwY1SctZ0Ck8iPyZttk0qfiInaa9kSd98b1moKXZbN-yjDEBXqdDnU4WkRPLW5AA&random=0.7044208080042154>

The mount is actually just /MyPage 'screen-two' is the value after the #,
the URL in the browser looks like http://mobile/MyPage#screen-two.

As you suggested I also tried
debugging
org.apache.wicket.ajax.AjaxEventBehavior.generateCallbackScript(CharSequence),
but from what I can tell that generates the relative URL to POST to.
Ex: "var
wcall=wicketAjaxPost('?x=3NGhze8Hqqc*UOnOuxCljvnljwk0iN2tSqud8EMVbEweya7HhUn*6fgOmnCv6OwW',
wicketSerialize(Wicket.$('username101')),function() {
}.bind(this),function() { }.bind(this), function() {return
Wicket.$('username101') != null;}.bind(this));"

>From debugging the javascript, best I can follow is that the actual POST is
made at line 938: t.send(body);

However, looking at all the objects until that point still only describes
the url as ?x=
3NGhze8Hqqc*UOnOuxCljvnljwk0iN2tSqud8EMVbEweya7HhUn*6fgOmnCv6OwW.

What's interesting is that clearing the session seems to fix the problem
until I try it a second time.  It's also worthwhile to note that if I load
the page and include '/' at the end of the URL it works perfectly,
repeatedly.

It's still not clear to me where the http://xxx/xxx or BaseURL comes from in
the wicket JS, is that a function of XMLHttpRequest?  location.href
references the correct Host..

Any ideas or insights?