Hi,

I think you need a push approach. I suggest you to use the Atmosphere
framework that enable a push channel between the client and the server with
WebSocket (of HTML5). If Websocket doesn't work, Atmosphere uses the Comet
approach.

See:
http://jfarcand.wordpress.com/2010/10/07/writing-websocket-application-using-apache-wicket/

Hope that helped you