I do this in my app.  I open a modal window and when you hit save I open
another modal window to confirm your save and if you confirm I close both
modal windows.

modalConfirm.close(target);
modalSelectDate.close(target);

        IndicatingAjaxLink<Void> btnConfirmSave = new
IndicatingAjaxLink<Void>("btnConfirmSave") {

                                @Override
                                protected IAjaxCallDecorator
getAjaxCallDecorator() {
                                        return new
AjaxPostprocessingCallDecorator(super.getAjaxCallDecorator()) {
                                                private static final long
serialVersionUID = 1L;

                                                @Override
                                                public CharSequence
postDecorateScript(CharSequence script) {
                                                        return script +
"this.disabled = true; this.style.display =
\"none\";";

                                                public CharSequence
postDecorateOnSuccessScript(CharSequence script) {
                                                        return script + "
this.disabled = false;";
                                                }
                                        };

                                        if (target != null) {

                                                for (Positions position :
positions) {

position.setVolunteersByFkVolunteerScheduled(session.getVolunteers());

positionsDAO.save(position);
                                                }

                                        //      wmc.setVisible(false);
                                                target.addComponent(wmc);
                                                modalConfirm.close(target);
                                                modalSelectDate.close(target);

                        };

                        btnConfirmSave.setOutputMarkupId(true);
                        btnConfirmSave.setMarkupId("buttonConfirmOK");
                        add(btnConfirmSave);