On Tue, 4 Oct 2011 10:59:53 +0200
Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org> wrote:
> > I think this is a not-so-easy problem, actually. In this use case
> > (render an image) it seems obvious that even though the whole panel
> > is disabled, it is being rendered, so the image resource should
> > work.
> Define "disabled image" and we may find a solution :-)

Well, you can have for example a form that is disabled, so the user
can't input anything. However, within that form you have an image,
possibly one that's generated on the fly. Should that image be shown?

- no => Then a disabled form can't have any non-context images at all.
  Not good.

- yes => Then a possibly costly image generation might run even though
  the form around it is disabled. Good/bad? Depends on the application.

- depends => For resources we should probably check isEnabled rather
  than isEnabledInHierarchy and make the component responsible for
  checking its own isEnabledInHierarchy.

What do you think?

Carl-Eric
www.wicketbuch.de