repeatingview is actually the better choice for that ..

for listview ,you can write a method which adds the new item to list
view,you need to provide the index in that case

method should add new ListItem<T>(index, itemModel)
you can also iterate the children to see if the index isnt repeated
before adding..

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 7:18 PM, Arjun Dhar <dhar...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> with reference to the blog/article:
> http://wicketinaction.com/2008/10/repainting-only-newly-created-repeater-items-via-ajax/
>
> I have Code:
>

> ...the trouble is that the above allows me to ADD one record, but on the
> second it naturally complains "authorizationDetails" is already pard of
> 'authorizationListView'.
>
> If I try to make the "authorizationListView" dynamic it complains. In the
> example, the author has used a RepeaterView, .. here its a ListView and I
> cant get the items next Child Id (.. or Can I)?
>
> ...The issue here seems to be what value can I put in th Fragment so that it
> allows me to ADD more than one row via Ajax!
>
> thanks
>

> -----
> Software documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good;
> and when it is bad, it is still better than nothing!

thank you,

regards,
Vineet Semwal