Hi,

are you validating all form components or just the one which triggered the ajax request?

You know AjaxFormSubmitBehavior?

Sven

Am 03.01.2012 09:32, schrieb Michal Wegrzyn:
Any ideas here? Should I provide a quickstart?

Best regards,
Michal Wegrzyn

-----Original Message-----
From: Michal Wegrzyn [mailto:michal.wegr...@onior.com]
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 23:07
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior, required fields and
validation

Hi,

I have form with few TextField and DropDownChoice components. All of
them have added AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior( "onkeyup" ) and are
set as required. Some of them are wrapped in my custom objects, but it
does not matter (validation and processing logic is in behavior).

With this setup after every ajax update triggered with behaviour's
onUpdate( AjaxRequestTarget ) or onError( AjaxRequestTarget ) I try to
check if form components are valid and give instant feedback to user.

Unfortunately results obtained from component's isValid() are wrong.
Empty TextFields are almost always valid.
Only after clearing TextField error is added to component, but after
changing for example other TextField to whatever value (and thus
triggering next validation check) isValid() on blank, required
TextField returns true.

Is this approach incorrect or am I missing something?

Best regards,
Michal Wegrzyn