Hi,
I'm currently extending the DataTable and used classes to support some more
stuff.

I already extended OrderByLink to get the ability for interpreting
additional request-parameter and this is working just fine. The only thing
thats left for now is a way to extend the given SortState to provide +3
states (for every given one I need 1 more that represents an extended
version of itself) for 3 more css-classes. But as I can't extend enums
(SortState) and all major classes that deal with SortState (either in
SingleSortState and innerclasses in OrderByLink) are either static or final
I don't get the point on where to start, without the need of replacing
dozens of classes...

So my question is: Is there any "easy" way where I can hack my
extended-SortState in?

P.S.:
To determine the needed class it is a must have to have the ability to read
a attributes-list I added to the DataProvider-Class. I think this too is the
main reason why I have so much problems in dealing with all that
final-classes/-methods...

-----
Never forget your umbrella ! In case You did, try to find a shelter ;)