Hi,

I'm trying to make example using wicket 1.5.4 and spring work but I keep
having this exception: org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: There is no
application attached to current thread...

My example defines also a servlet filter that is applied just after the
WicketFilter in web.xml.
This filter uses ThreadLocal to set/unset a variable around each
request/response cycle.

I've noticed that if I disable the filter, my example works fine, but I
really need it to to pass a variable via the ThreadLocal: (static final
ThreadLocal<Map&lt;String, Serializable>> THREAD_OBJECT_CONTEXT = new
ThreadLocal<Map&lt;String, Serializable>>();)

Any idea about why wicket fails to accept such a filter please?

Is there a workaround please?

Thanks