Douglas didn't mention EnclosureContainer at all.
He said that <wicket:enclosure> worked fine for this scenario in
1.4.x. And I cannot imagine this ...

But I personally try to avoid using any kind of auto components in my
apps because I'm aware of the number of open tickets about them in our
Jira for which I don't have solutions.

For this scenario I'd use EnclosureContainer with setRenderBodyOnly(false).

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM, Bertrand Guay-Paquet
<ber...@step.polymtl.ca> wrote:
> Hmm I thought EnclosureContainer was actually created _after_
> InlineEnclosure! Looking at the git file history I see I was wrong...
>
> All the warnings in EnclosureContainer's javadoc led me to believe it was
> always safer (and preferable) to use it instead of InlineEnclosure. What
> about when you need ajax and are also in one of the situations described in
> the javadoc?
>

> On 10/04/2012 3:21 AM, Martin Grigorov wrote:
>>
>> Enclosure was never able to work in Ajax. That's why InlineEnclosure
>> has been introduced.
>>
>> On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Bertrand Guay-Paquet
>> <ber...@step.polymtl.ca>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> After creating the EnclosureContainer, add the following call :
>>> container.setRenderBodyOnly(false);
>>>
>>> In the EnclosureContainer's constructor, this is actually set to true
>>> which
>>> means that the HTML tag is not part of the rendered markup if the
>>> Enclosure
>>> is not visible on first render. When made visible afterwards via Ajax,
>>> Wicket js cannot find the tag to replace with the enclosure's content.

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com