On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 2:58 AM, hfriederichs <h.friederi...@ohra.nl> wrote:
> I looked at it, shortly. It's a perfect example of what I mean. I looked at a
> blog by Igor V. And there we go again: you have to do this; and than that.
> And then configure this. And don't forget to add a line in ....xml.
> And in the end, put it all together and it's so great.

my blog explains how to create an application architecture based on
conversations. once its set up you dont have to touch it again and it
makes life much simpler whether you are using wicket or not. very
little of the article has to do with wicket itself.

> I don't think so.

thats nice.

> I think JPA has to make life easier, and it does for me when I'm not using
> Wicket: inject an EntityManager and do my db-stuff. That's how it should be,
> IMHO.

when you are not using it with wicket what are you using it with?
websphere and servlets? sounds like websphere is using JEE to manage
jpa for you, so use wicket-jee module in wicketstuff. it will allow
you to inject the EntityManager into wicket components.

-igor

> Of course, the CDI-blog goes with the usual great-gratitude-comments of
> developers who couldn't figure it out either.

whats wrong with that?

-igor