Hi,

you can consider to override form's process() method. Before calling the super version you can check for the radio value and set the other fields as required if the specific value was chosen.
Thanks for your reply,

Argh, confused setVisible() with setRequired, my bad ;-)
But nevertheless: call setRequiered(condition) in onConfigure().
I've tried this but if I am correct isRequired() gets called before
onConfigure() during the request cycle (at least this is the behaviour I see
during debugging).

The problem is that the user is then able to submit the form without filling in the
required field if validation completely succeeds at once. Also the required fields
"lag" behind one request cycle.

    -Tom

Thomas Götz wrote:

Yes, you can also push the state instead of pulling it, which besides is
preferrable in terms of efficiency (as onConfigure() is only called once per
request whereas isVisible() is potentially called many time):
TextField<String>  textField = new TextField<String>("textField") {
    @Override
    protected void onConfigure() {
        super.onConfigure();
        setVisible(condition);
    }
};

You can also call textField.setVisible(...) in the Page's or Panel's
onConfigure(), but then you need a reference to the textField (property of the
page or panel). Or - if possible - you can group your FormComponents into a
WebMarkupContainer an set the visibility there.
   -Tom

Think green - keep it on the screen.