That really is working! I don't get it, I've seen that nowhere documented,
so I guess it's more a problem of SyntaxHighlighter than Wicket at all (in
combination with Ajax).

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it! I guess if everything is working as
expected with JavaScript inside panels I also won't have trouble with other
content.