Hi,

we are developers from the Apache project "Apache OpenMeetings", we
provide a Web-Conferencing application that is currently Flash-based
on the client side.
We already have a server side stack with Spring + openJPA + Axis2 that
provides us with a SOAP/REST API and ORM.

We are currently discussing an HTML5 alternative for our Flash based
client and have to decide some basic framework questions.
Apache Wicket is one option.

Our HTML client is likely to be a single HTML page that loads content
/ components dynamically into the website.
My idea was first to use http://api.jquery.com/load/ to load
components dynamically, however maybe Wicket has a similar mechanism?
It seems like the combination of jQuery + Wicket is the most widespreaded.
But if we create our content with pure jQuery, why adding Wicket to it?
I was told that Wicket's strength is to provide a Non-JavaScript
version of the website if JavaScript is not available. However as our
basic features will be collaboration tools that really make no sense
without JavaScript, we don't need a Non-JavaScript version.
And we have already a REST interface, we don't need to duplicate one
with Wicket that provides yet another API.

Maybe there are other arguments positive for using Wicket that I have overseen?

Thanks for sharing!
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wagner