> // Via generics
Paul, I am not seeing this comment in the actual code. I am assuming
that you added this comment to clarify something for me, but I am not
getting it.

> Thus if you use generics your problem would most likely go away
Are you saying that Wicket has a different code path for models
defined as new Model(x) and new Model<SomeType>(x)? It's impossible
because <SomeType> information is lost at runtime.

> , otherwise you would have to suffer a bit and you should porb call setType()
> so Wicket
> would know what implementation of IConverter to use.
Default type converters worked well in 1.4 and in 1.5 require
setType() in some situations. How can I track down all the components
in my code that require setType() 1.5?

Thanks,

Alec