Hello,

I ran into another problem while migrating to 1.5. I have a form with
a TextField<String>(new PropertyModel<String>(obj, "value")). The test
that fills and submitts the form in 1.4 worked just fine. In 1.5 I get
an error "'X' is not a valid Serializable" where 'X' is what's
returned from obj.getValue() method.

The problem is that in 1.5 Wicket uses static type analysis based on
getValue() return type, which in my case is Serializable. This check
is done in
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.AbstractTextComponent#getModelType.

This is a pretty bad change because now every Component that used to
work with Serializable models now require the user to set the type
explicitly! Is there a way to fix this without having to change all
such components?

Thanks,

Alec