Thanks Eduardo! I managed to get the modal shown, following your hint. But
taking a closer look, I realize I have new challenges to solve:
- currently (and I believe I saw it in wicket 6 also) the
getWindowOpenJavascript() script generates a new div element in the DOM,
with a form inside, when it is called. This goes against my use case where I
want to use a modal window to fill in a special field in an ajax-less form
before submitting it. So I guess I have to do some value passing between the
modal window and the ajax-less form after closing the modal but before
submitting the form? Unless I don't use getWindowOpenJavascript() and
somehow 'reuse' the original div with the original modal window instead of
having wicket generate a new dom element?

Again thanks!

Lucas Kuperman