Well, as usual, it's never what you think of. We have two experienced (?)
developers looking at this all morning, & no one noticed that the
extension was "hml" instead of "html". (Hides red face & slinks away).

From:   Sven Meier <s...@meiers.net>
To:     users@wicket.apache.org
Date:   11/14/2012 12:12 PM
Subject:        Re: Finding HTML Markup in External JARs

I'd recommend putting a proper xml header with explicit encoding into
each markup, but you can also specify a default encoding with
IMarkupSettings#defaultMarkupEncoding.

However you do it, it shouldn't have any effect on Wicket *finding* the
markup.

Sven

On 11/14/2012 07:07 PM, Richard W. Adams wrote:
> I've been digging into this all morning, and my current theory is that
> it's a file encoding problem. After adding the Maven resource plugin to
my
> POM to force copying in UTF-8, I now get the identical error running on
my
> Jetty on my workstation  (which worked fine earlier this morning). Does
> wicket have special encoding requirements? Anyone know what the encoding
> best practices are for Wicket?
>
>                          <plugin>
>                          <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>                          <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
>                          <version>2.6</version>
>                          <configuration>
>                            <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
>                          </configuration>
>                      </plugin>

> I have yet to meet a C compiler that is more friendly and easier to use
> than eating soup with a knife.
>

> From:   Eric Jablow <erjab...@gmail.com>
> To:     users@wicket.apache.org
> Date:   11/14/2012 11:22 AM
> Subject:        Re: Finding HTML Markup in External JARs
>

> On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Sven Meier <s...@meiers.net> wrote:
>> Depending on what your *PathLocator *does, it might not serve the usual
>> markup from beside components.
>>

>>> Wicket is finding HTML files in *other* JARs. This is a puzzler.
> Could this be a ClassLoader issue? The two JAR files' ClassLoaders may
> be different and unrelated.
>
> Eric

> **
>
> This email and any attachments may contain information that is
confidential and/or privileged for the sole use of the intended recipient.
 Any use, review, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance by others,
and any forwarding of this email or its contents, without the express
permission of the sender is strictly prohibited by law.  If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately, delete the
e-mail and destroy all copies.