Ernesto I prefer to have all my URL mappings centralized, so I try to use
the Wicket way where available. Although it's interesting to know that you
can access wicket Session this way.

What I'd really do is try to proxy/tunnel the stream directly from the
webcam to the client using an appropriate format once I've checked the
request is from an identified client. This would be the most memory
efficient way.
I suppose that if the webcam offers some kind of streamable video format
 (instead of buffered images), you could forward the response output from
the webcam to the client. This way the client would make a single request
to your wicket server and cpu and memory usage would be minimized.

Regards
--
Marc Nuri
www.marcnuri.com