I had this same issue and tracked it down to IE9. In my case IE9 was first
requesting a page in Quirks mode and then midway through requesting
resources it would switch to standards mode which caused it to abort all
currently active requests and request all resources again. The aborted
requests were sometimes for wicket served resources like
wicket-ajax-jquery.js which caused wicket to log the referenced stack.
Adding a header with x-ua-compatible set to IE=9 fixed the issue by making
sure IE9 starts in standards mode.