Hi,

More and more people ask for this. It is an interesting problem.
You wont need the markup of a page but more likely the markup of a Panel.
Let's say that there is a way to transfer the page HTML back. Then the next
problem that I see is that you will have to trap all events triggered from
the Wicket code.
For example:
- clicking on non-Ajax link will reload the whole host page, not just the
Wicket area
- Ajax requests should be suppressed completely and replaced with JSONP ones

I guess there are many other problems which will arise.
Using any other technology will have similar problems.