I think it is an issue of either your chrome installation (try
re-installing) or a bug is introduced in chrome 24 for linux, as it
doesn't affect chrome 24 running on OS X, and as you say, chrome 23
did work.

Reinstall chrome, see if it works, otherwise file a bug report with
chrome developers (check if the wicket examples on wicket-library
exhibit the bug, if so, link to that instead)

Martijn