IntelliJ currently costs €179 (personal license). It allows me to work *way*
more effectively (on a Mac) than with Eclipse, which I find cluttered, slow,
non-intuitive and simply not supporting my work style/flow.

Say you gain 10 minutes per day when using IntelliJ and say you charge 60€/h:
10min -> 10€ (per day), i.e. in ~3 weeks the initial cost is amortised.

Only my $0.02,
   -Tom