Hello,

I've been working on an error page in Apache Wicket and came across a
general pattern in Apache Wicket and I'd like to understand the reason for
it.

Exceptions in Apache Wicket do not have a single class hierarchy; i.e.
there are exceptions that eventually extend "WicketRuntimeException" but
they are also many others that start either from "RuntimeException" or
"Exception". I could guess for the reasons for "checked" exceptions but why
 did *not* Apache Wicket introduce exception classes that all inherit from
a single exception class?

A direct side effect of this design decision is that the check (e
instanceof WicketRuntimeException) cannot give an indication if the
exception is actually an exception raised by Wicket and need separate
checks for different concerns.

Thanks in advance for your explanations.

Regards,
Behrooz