On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 9:45 PM, Igor Vaynberg <igor.vaynb...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 5:37 PM, Igor Vaynberg <igor.vaynb...@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> we should write components that work with multiple types.
> >>

> > But this will mean that we will have to re-write it to javax.time for the
> > version of Wicket that will use JDK 8.
> > Your suggestion doesn't sound attractive to me anymore :-/
>
> no, it just means we *add* handling for javax.time types when they
> become available.

having support for both joda and javax.time sounds a bit too much

additionally https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-466 is since
2007. Everyone knows the issues with j.u.Date/Calendar.
The fact that JDK development is slow doesn't mean that we should be slow
too. It is 6 years since this request has been made. Isn't it time to drop
support for j.u.Date/Calendar ?