On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Sven Meier <s...@meiers.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> for string resources you could use shade "transformers" to join the
> property files:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/**questions/6831954/how-to-**
> package-an-apache-cxf-**application-into-a-monolithic-**
> jar-with-the-maven-s<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6831954/how-to-package-an-apache-cxf-application-into-a-monolithic-jar-with-the-maven-s>
>
> I'm currently using the Appending Transformer to append all of the
wicket.properties files together, but Wicket doesn't understand that type
of file.

The actual Initializer.properties files aren't an issue as they are in
different locations. However, Wicket never finds them, so they're never
loaded.

The more I think about this, the more I think there are only 2 solutions
for creating a shaded jar with Wicket and Wicket-Extensions:

1)  Come up with a non-colliding way of telling Wicket about Initializers.
Maybe something like wicket-*.properties. So I'd have
wicket-core.properties, wicket-extensions.properties, and
wicket-devutils.properties.

2) Use the Appending Transformer, but modify Wicket so it can handle
multiple initializers in a single wicket.properties file.

Thoughts?

Bill-