Hi,

Yes I think than when you schedule new request target ajax request target
is discarded.

I do not know how this component works but maybe you can return your JSON
as part as a javaScript eval

target.append("myEvalaJSON('JSON'))

?

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 8:35 PM, Nick Pratt <nbpr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wicket 6.11
>
> I have an AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior that returns JSON in its protected
> void respond( AjaxRequestTarget target ) method by:
>
> requestCycle.scheduleRequestHandlerAfterCurrent( new TextRequestHandler(
> "text/plain", "UTF-8", json ) );
>
> This ADAB is used for returning status information back to a client side
> Javascript component (FileUploader), and the interoperation of the
> Javascript component and Wicket via JSON works.
>
> However, it seems that simple javascript appended to the ART is not being
> invoked on the client.  Is the scheduleRequestHandlerAfterCurrent() above
> replacing the Ajax response that would normally have been sent back to the
> client (in this case the Ajax updates - components and javascripts added to
> the ART)?

Is there way to return JSON, and also have the ART updates triggered? I'm
> not seeing anything in the AjaxDebugger on the client, so it looks like my
> simple test alert('here'); is not being sent or interpreted correctly by
> the client.

Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro