Hi,

I didn't read whole conversation but you don't need to choose between
Wicket and AngularJS. We are using both technologies together and it works
great. AngularJS has no global state so you can use many Angular ("island"
single page) apps in one Wicket page. For some use-cases is better Wicket
so you use Wicket and for some (not so many) is better Angular, so you
embed Angular app to Wicket page.

Best regards,
Dan Simko