Hi Ernesto,

There won't be 7.0.0 in the next month.

We will make a milestone release so users can try it and give feedback.
The only thing to do before the milestone is to make the voted experimental
modules stable.
With this milestone release we want to get feedback for the small API
changes we did.

There are no other planned big changes for 7.x.
I am working on markup driven component tree construction in a branch. We
discuss it in dev@ but unless it is super stable and simple and approved by
other devs it won't be added to 7.0.0.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting


On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 10:55 AM, Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <
[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What's the estimated release date for Wicket 7? Why? In a couple of weeks I
> will start a new Wicket project and the estimated time to complete it is
> one month (at least for the initial release). I've thought maybe I could
> start it using current Wicket 7 and 1) provide feedback, 2) contribute to
> make wicket 7 stable 3) start migrating libraries I will use. But I would
> like to have my first release with an official version of Wicket 7. Is that
> too risky?
>
> --
> Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro
>

Reply via email to