Martin Grigorov-4 wrote
> Hi,
>
> Create a panel that has a child an image (the busy indicator).
> Add a timer behavior to this panel and check whether the slow operation is
> done and replace the image with another component that renders the new
> data:
>
> public void onTimer(AjaxRequestTarget target) {
> Data newData = getNewData();
> if (newData != null)
> {
> NewComponent c = new Component(image.getId(), newData);
> image.replaceWith(c);
> target.add(c);
> }
> else {
> // target.appendJavaScript("still waiting ...");
> }
>
> }
>
> Martin Grigorov
> Wicket Training and Consulting
Thanks Martin!
This pattern seems very similar to
https://gist.github.com/jonnywray/594468 and
https://gist.github.com/jonnywray/636875
which I have seen referenced in some posts here.
While trying these, I am finding in FutureUpdateBehavior, onTimer(), the
line if(future.isDone()) is null most times (not all).
I am not quite sure why this would be.
When it is null, the constructor value passed through is not null, but is
null within onTimer.
Any ideas on this?
--
View this message in context:
http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/AjaxLazyLoadPanel-loading-asynchronously-tp4664035p4664140.html
Sent from the Users forum mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]