Hi,

OOM in PermGen is not what you ask for.
If you leak "normal" memory than the error would be with "heap space".
PermGen memory is used to keep the Class instances and interned Strings.
If you deploy your app for first time then most probably you just need to
set the proper initial and max value :
-XX:PermSize and -XX:MaxPermSize.
Use JConsole to see what size you need.

If this error happens on redeploy then most probably you have a ClassLoader
memory leak, i.e. you keep references to Class instances and they cannot be
released so the PermGen is overloaded. Those are very tricky to be debugged.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting