I'm afraid I still don't see it. I think I'm just going to have to use a
nested model at the form level and rebuild it whenever I toggle
viewing/editing mode. So I'd build a new Model() from the unproxied User
when switching to edit mode and build a new
AbstractEntityModel<User>(user.id, User.class) when switching to viewing.
I'd also have to check for empty associations and null then upon saving so
as not to have empty associations (rows with just an id) in the db. Seems
rather painstaking but I can think of a better way atm...

Chambre