I used to be able to make code changes in Netbeans, save and test the results
immediately. For some time now, this "compile on save" functionality no
longer works unless I first log out of my web app. It seems the session is
invalid after the intermediate compile. I'm getting a NoClassDefFoundError
for the current page  (ultimately originating out of
DefaultPageFactory.newPage line 65 in wicket 6.14).

I've ignored the problem for awhile now but I'd like to get it resolved. If
I forget to sign out after save, I have to restart the entire application to
continue. Has anyone seen this and found a workaround? I'm using Netbeans 8
but the problem also existed in 7.4.