>If the hierarchy is correct then the 1.4 logic is very confusing to me.

Same way here ;).

You know that Wicket 1.4 is no longer actively developed, so we won't improve this, even if it is a bug.

Regards
Sven

On 04/11/2014 11:07 PM, Craig L wrote:
Hi Sven, just a follow-up.  If I am reading the debugger correctly I believe
everything is layered correctly without adding the form directly to the
border.bodycontainer.

I stopped the debugger at the first instance of visitComponentsPostOrder in
Form.class internalUpdateFormComponentModels() after Submit.

'this' is showing as the Form<T>
   Form's parent is GenericFormPanel
      GenericFormPanel's parent is Border$BorderBodyContainer
           Border$BorderBodyContainer's parent is our custom border
SpinnBorder
                SpinnBorder's parent is GenericFormPage
                      GenericFormPage's parent is null

After the ensuing findParent call the SpinnBorder becomes the first argument
into the next visitComponentsPostOrder call and it starts marching down the
children chain.

If the hierarchy is correct then the 1.4 logic is very confusing to me.  As
I read it as long as the Form lives anywhere underneath a Border.class
object, whether its in the BodyContainer or not, it's setObjects will get
called twice. Unless there is some way I need to detach the Form from the
Border during this submit process?

Thanks in advance for enlightening me.
Craig